|Thursday, August 07, 2014
Budweiser Classic Week Camping Set to Open Sunday, August 24
By Oswego Speedway @ 10:04 AM :: 2248 Views
OSWEGO, NY (August 7, 2014) – With Budweiser International Classic Week set to begin in less than a month, Oswego Speedway recently announced that week-long Classic camping will open at the ‘Steel Palace’ on Sunday, August 24 at 8 a.m.
All campers currently in the Speedway’s Albany St. camping lot must be removed from that location by 1 p.m. Sunday, August 17 in order to prepare the grounds for the following week.
Camping receipts are currently available for purchase at the Speedway box office. Issued camping receipts are to be turned in for camping passes when entering either of the camping lots.
Camping passes will once again include two vehicle passes. Additional vehicle passes, which are good for the entire week, must be purchased for $5.
Week-long camping passes, good for ten full days, are $50.
All camping policies and regulations instituted in 2013 will again be followed in 2014.
All camping zones will now have a roadway and access lane which must be kept free and clear. There will be absolutely no camping or parking allowed in these lanes.
As in years past it will be required to have at least 10 feet between campers, however all camping spaces must be kept to a maximum of 25’x60’. All campers are required to be within these measured maximums and camping spaces will be required to be staged in designated rows along the designed access lanes that will be used as turn offs and safety lanes from the main access roads in each camping area.
Camping rows and access lanes will be clearly marked with stakes as you enter the campgrounds via the main access roads.
A total of nearly 400 camping spaces have been carefully plotted out in the Speedway’s back campground with another 120 spaces available along the flats area which sets at the bottom of the Albany St. hill.
There will be three general camping areas available between the back and flats lots along with a family camping zone to the left side of the main access road in the back campground near the Brittany Hill fence line.
All campers must be removed from camping lots following Budweiser Classic Week by Wednesday, September 3 in order to begin the camping turn around for SUNOCO Race of Champions Weekend coming September 12-14.
Fans can reserve seats today for Budweiser International Classic Weekend by calling the Speedway’s main box office at (315) 342-0646.
Weekend general admission seating is available for $105, with reserved seating set at $115.
For more information on Oswego Speedway visit online at www.oswegospeedway.com or LIKE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OswegoSpeedway or FOLLOW on Twitter @OswegoSpeedway. Those interested in Speedway video programming online can subscribe to the Speedway’s YouTube Channel, ‘OswegoSpeedwayOnline’.
2014 BUDWEISER CLASSIC WEEK CAMPING RULES
Welcome to Budweiser Classic Week. We hope that you enjoy your stay with us and please observe the following rules and regulations to provide a safe environment while on the Oswego Speedway property.
1. All campers must purchase a Budweiser Classic Week Camping Permit for $50.00 before setting up their camping unit. Permits will be sold at the speedway office or at either of the campground command post trailers. Campers will not be permitted access to Speedway grounds until 8 a.m. on Sunday, August 24th.
2. No household furniture or temporary shelters are allowed.
3. Property Patrol: Oswego Speedway employees will be patrolling the camping grounds 24 hours a day beginning on Sunday, August 24th. They are there for your safety. Please treat them with respect. An altercation with ANY of our employees will lead to eviction from the Speedway property and possible arrest.
4. Camp in Areas Marked on Map: Do not camp in parking areas as marked on the map or you only will be asked to move. Please obey the "No Camping" signs.
5. Rest Rooms: will be open to the campers 24 hours a day beginning Sunday, August 24th. There will also be portable facilities located around the grounds.
6. Dumping Station: for motor homes and trailers is provided at the bottom of Albany Street as indicated on the map.
7. Fresh Water: is available Free of charge in front and back grandstand along the outer perimeter fence and in both camping areas.
8. Showers: will be available at the rear grandstand restroom area.
9. Fires: The City of Oswego has an ordinance prohibiting open fires. However, they have allowed campers to make a COOKING FIRE ONLY, measuring no larger than 36'' x 36"! No bonfires or burning of any such things as tires, pallets, furniture, etc. Any sizeable fire could lead to possible arrest or sizeable fine.
10. Music: Should be suitable in noise level to your own campsite. No large boom boxes or amplifiers allowed. No loud music whatsoever past 12:00 midnight. No live bands or, D.J's, or live entertainment of any kind allowed.
11. Open Container Law: The city of Oswego has an ordinance prohibiting the consumption of alcoholic beverages on public property. Please refrain from carrying an open container of alcoholic beverage on any of the roadways surrounding the Oswego Speedway property or any other property not belonging to Oswego Speedway. Remember East Albany St. is a city street and under jurisdiction of city police. If you have an open container of alcohol, stay on Oswego Speedway private property.
12. No Three or Four Wheel ATV's or Trail Bikes Allowed: Due to insurance liability restrictions. The only motorized vehicles allowed will be mopeds or mini-bikes. And no motorized vehicles of this nature driven after dark. Speed limit for all vehicles on Speedway property is 5 mph.
13. Secure your belongings: Lock all personal property, cameras, auto, campers, trailers, etc. while you are away from your campsite. Do not leave coolers, and valuables outside camper or car at night. Lock them up!.
14. Secruity: manned by someone from the Speedway - near the entrance gate to back camping area off City Line Rd. Report any problems to this area.
15. First Aid: will be available at either of the front or rear grandstand during racing activity. After hours, report to the Security.
16. Sale or Use of Drugs: is strictly forbidden and against the law. Possession of firearms on Speedway property is strictly forbidden. NO FIREWORKS, SKY LANTERNS, BALLOON LAUNCHERS, PAINT GUNS, will be allowed on Speedway property.
17. Trespassing: Once the track is closed for the evening and locked, there will be no one allowed on the premises - persons found inside the track will be charged with trespassing. Use of rest rooms ONLY.
18. Any unlawful activity will be reported to local City of Oswego Police.
19. Remember: Enjoy yourself, BUT, you will be held responsible for your actions. And when you're drinking, DON'T DRIVE.
20. All roadways and access lanes must be kept free and clear. Absolutely no parking on these designated lanes.
21. Must have 10 feet between campers.
OSWEGO HOSPITAL: (Rt. 104 West to W. 7th St.)
General (INFO).......................... 349-5511
Emergency Room.... 349-5522 or 349-5523
City Fire Dept./Ambulance.................. 911
City Police......................................... 911
Oswego County/City.......................... 911
Urgent Care Facility (Fulton) 315- 592-3500
About Oswego Speedway: Oswego Speedway, a sports entertainment company, is a 5/8 mile semi-banked pavement racing oval located off the shores of Lake Ontario in scenic Oswego, NY. Oswego Speedway has been a continuously run weekly racing venue since August, 1951. The premier open-wheel pavement short track cars in the world, Supermodifieds, run weekly at Oswego Speedway making Oswego the only weekly Supermodified racing venue in the world. The Small Block Supermodifieds accompany the full blown Supers on a weekly Saturday night schedule which runs from May through September. Oswego Speedway is mentioned in racing circles as the “Indy of the East,” as no fewer than a dozen past and present competitors have competed at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway including Mario Andretti, arguably the greatest driver of all time, two-time Indy 500 champion Gordon Johncock, along with former International Classic Champions Bentley Warren, Joe Gosek, and Davey Hamilton.
Oswego Speedway Partners (Oswego Speedway would like to thank the following partners): Advance Auto Parts, All Seasons Inn, Beacon Hotel, Blue Bowl Sanitation, Bracy’s Auto Repair, Butler Disposal Services, Bosco’s Famous Italian Sausage, Bacc-Off, Canale Insurance, Burritt Motors, CNY CPR, Designs of Elegance, Dufore’s Jewelers, Ellsworth Heating and Cooling, Environmental Remediation Services, Gater Racing News, Oswego-Fulton Chamber of Commerce, J&K Plumbing and Heating, Kathy’s Cakes, McCaffrey Chiropractic, Cam’s NY Pizzeria, Oswego Health, Dahl’s Diner, Pizza Villa, Precision Balancing, Press Box, Gioia Signs, RJ Caruso Tax & Accounting, Leon Shapiro Motor Sales, Munski’s Auto & Marine, Ontario Orchards, Oswego County Federal Credit Union, Hudson Dairy, Burke’s Home Centers, Knights Inn East, Knights Inn West, H. Lee White Marine Museum, Hofmann’s, Century 21 Galloway Realty, Dunkin Donuts, Rudy’s Lakeside, POMCO Group, Price Chopper Supermarkets, Eagle Beverage, Budweiser, Bud Light, Coca-Cola, Novelis, Pathfinder Bank, C’s Beverage Center, G&I Homes, Johnston’s Propane, Performance Harley Davidson, Scriba Lane Redemption, Entergy Northeast, Longley Dodge, Best Western PLUS, Quality Inn and Suites Riverfront, Pullen’s Plumbing, Vashaw’s Collision Service, Scriba Meats, S&S Tractor, Stop DWI Oswego County, Oswego Sub Shop, Sunset RV Park, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, White’s Car Care, Turning Stone Resort Casino, Fleet Pride, The Evergreen Motel, Elbert & Crate Box, Crop Production Services, Davis Bros. Inc., Hoosier Racing Tire, Helena Chemical Company, U-Pull U-Save Auto Parts, Planet Fitness Oswego, A&P Auto Parts Cicero, Zink Shirts, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Seminis, D&S Landscaping, Nice Price Auto Sales, Shell Shock Custom Helmet Paint, Lighthouse Lanes, JP Jewlers, Sherwood Racing Wheels, NBT Bank, Radical RaceGear, Trucks R Us, Chestnut Security, Wayne Drugs, Locke Crane Services, Brad Penn Oil, Firefreeze World Wide, Safety Kleen, Oswego County Today, Shea Concrete, Mitchell’s Speedway Press, North Country Home Builders, Corr/Pak Merchandising, B104.7FM, TK99/TK105, Ferris Mowers, Terrell’s Potato Chips, Eagles Fan Club, Top Stitch, Top Quality Construction, Outdoor Power, John Costello & Associates, Oswego Quality Carpet, Enders Racing Engines, Thomas Video Productions, The CNY Family Sports Centre, ARISE, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis, Rusty Wallace Racing Experience